Membership & Right to Display the Seal
Physicians may apply for the annual DPSEAM seal on behalf of their clinic, medical facility, or legal affiliate.
In order to display the DPSEAM seal, member physicians and their clinics, facilities, and affiliates must ensure the following:
- A physician will always personally and appropriately examine every patient before initial treatment, including specified laser treatments and aesthetic injections.
- The clinic will disclose to each patient the level of licensure of the individual or individuals performing or supervising the procedure, including the full name of a credentialing board recognized and approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- The clinic will clearly display the name and valid contact information of its physician medical director and provide this information in printed form to each patient prior to conducting all treatments or procedures.
- The clinic must guarantee to provide a timely personal examination by and consultation with the clinic’s medical director-physician if any complications or major concerns arise in relation to a performed procedure.
- Members must be physicians (MD or DO) who are currently board certified in at least one of the following specialties: Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmology, or ENT.
- An “Associate Member” must be a must be physician (MD or DO) board certified in specialty outside the four core specialties listed above and have a medical director, working at the same facility, who is a Member. Associate
- Members must have written association agreements with their Member medical director as provided by Doctors for the Practice of Safe & Ethical Aesthetic Medicine.
Benefits of Membership
When you join DPSEAM, you join a growing list of top aesthetic physicians to give DPSEAM the influence to ensure public education of providing patients with safe, high quality, expert, and physician-directed aesthetic medical treatments.
In addition to providing a voice to physicians, memberships also give you access to valuable information, education and resources to help you market your membership and commitment to the DPSEAM principles.
DPSEAM Member Benefits
- Create and market a recognizable brand that symbolizes safety and excellence to current and prospective aesthetic patients.
- Provide high quality marketing materials, both digitally and for in-office use, to show your membership in our organization. (see attachment)
- Provide a physician website as well as a patient website to learn about the organization, report issues, and find member physicians.
- Communicate our positions on ethics, safety, and efficacy in aesthetics to the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Communicate with state dermatological societies.
- Support dermatology medical student interest groups and encourage adherence to our principles.
- Communicate with health and human service legislative committee chairs and voting members within our members’ states.
DPSEAM membership is open to all physicians (MD/DO) holding board-certification in Dermatology, Ear Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology) Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Oculoplastic Surgery or Ophthalmology.
Here are the membership dues:
- One-Year Regular Membership – DPSEAM’s standard individual membership.
- Residents/Fellows – Medical residents/fellows working in an accredited program can join DPSEAM for an annual fee of $50. These members will receive digital marketing materials only.